Determine never to be idle...It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing.

Thomas Jefferson

Thursday, November 6, 2008

First Paddle

This post is a little late, but I wanted to get the pictures on here anyway. Tara and I took the kayak over Caro to do a test paddle. The kayak rode very well on the roof of the Durango, and it should not be much of a problem to transport it for longer durations. The scaling worked well as there was plenty of freeboard, and no leaks to be found. I plan still to add a lip to the coaming so that I can use a spray skirt with the boat. I have waterproof fabric and bungee cord to make the skirt, so that will be one of my next projects. I'm also working on building hardboard templates so that I can build another identical kayak using the router to cut out the bulkheads. I'm excited for spring so that we can take the kayak out again.

No comments: